RSS Feed

Vanity and Hypocrisy

4

May 7, 2016 by celiadanqing

An article said, the good is to exist on the truth, and the hypocrisy is to exist on the vanity. If a person doesn’t admit the existence of hypocrisy, this person will only have vanity, which means he or she pretend to be bad. In other word, feign to be bad is the vanity itself.
Hypocrisy is the vanity, vanity’s súbstance is emptiness, and emptiness is the súbstance of the existence of human. So what is a hypocrite? Hypocrite forgets itself, but only think about the others and the society. That’s why is hypocrite frightening. Not because he or she is hypocritical, it’s because he or she is intentionally.
Hypocrite often is a flátterer. Hypocrite “kills” people, make people unable to realize the truth. For a person who seize power need to be able to recognize who is flátterer and who is innocent.
Hypocrisy is the symbol of morality’s corruption. It has a brilliant surface, but there is no soul or core in it. And this is also the personality of Nihilism.
Then is it bad if we don’t tell the truth? Even the truth is cruel? If one is not hypocritical, is that mean he or she does not exist as a human? Is it better to only think about oneself? Someone said: “Everyone has vanity, the only one who doesn’t have vanity is hero, hero sacrifices it’s life to prove he is nor vain.” But the thought of want to prove one is not vain is a vain thought? What we should be? Should we be a hypocrite or honest man? What is good and what is bad? What is the line between morality and immorality?

4 comments »

1. Akane Kuma says:

One person has said: “We are all hypocrites. To what level,is something to argue.” I used to have an idea or ideal to eliminate hypocrisy that exist inside of me. However, I stopped doing that. According to that article, which I recognize to be an article written by Kiyoshi Miki, one cannot exist without vanity and hypocrisy is one component of that. If so, what is the point of escaping something which exist as the nature of you? What is moral? And to what extent are our ideas of moral influenced by the culture we live in?

• celiadanqing says:

Well, I think our ideas are also influenced by our instinct. And for hypocrisy, it is also influenced by the instinct for survival. Human being is an animal which prefer company to isolation, so people will try to have a good relationship with other one for survive easier. And I think, for survive, people can be a beast, can be immoral. Morality is a standard which is decided by the society. There is no morality exist in the nature, there is only the law of jungle exist. The law of jungle is for survive, so for survive easier, there is no morality exist. Then to what extent, we can ignore the morality?

2. iKrips says:

The article you refer to is in Japanese. For non-Jaapenese speakers to understand what you are referring to, you must provide a summary of key concepts in the article for context in your posts for all your peers to be able to read and comment on.
    While I appreciate the free flow of thoughts that you have captured here, I would like you to provide a clearer context – what specifically inspired your thoughts and head where specifically do you think they are heading? Are they heading towards conclusions, assumptions or beliefs within that context. Please make the context or contexts, more explicit.

Add your name under “Categories” – all your posts will appear under the tab with your name from now on.

3. jayeren says:

Personally, I think hypocrisy is not such an extremely negative thing. Despite of the truly extreme case of people doing it intentionally, many people may be hypocritical without realising it. (Apparently in my point of view, if people are not aware of their actions, they are not to be blamed) For example, as shared knowledge, if we don’t practice what we preach, we are considered to be a hypocrite. But it’s never possible for us to do this. And the content of our speech decides the significance of whether we practice it or not. How can we tell whether the content of one speech is more significant, or more urgent than the other? This contains reasoning as a WOK, and will relate to ethics as an AOK in some cases. And jumping out of the case of living up one’s words, there are many other things that determines the state of hypocrisy that may lead to similar questions.