RSS Feed

How is emotion affected or embodied by other factors?

0

August 17, 2016 by celiadanqing

In summer holiday, after I came back from other place and got back home. My mom looked not very happy, but I don’t know the reason. Later, before we went to have dinner, I did something wrong (maybe), and pissed my mom off. Her words made me felt very upset. From her words I could know she was displeasure about my behavior. Her words made me felt very unpleasant and upset; her words directly affect my emotion; her emotion appears in her words and affects my emotion.
Then I have a question: How is emotion embodied by other factors?
For normal people, their words and tones will embody their current emotion. If you feel happy, you will choose some positive words, or you will speak in a happy tone. Also, your facial expression and atmosphere will show you are happy. All of these are language, different kinds of language. Vice versa, for other emotions: angry, sad, excited, or etc.
At the same time, language will change one’s emotion. There is a quote: words can easily hurt somebody. I totally agree with that, a simple word, a behavior, an attitude, all of these can change one’s emotion easily. The most typical example is when you fall in love with someone. This person’s every word, every movement, and every attitude toward other person or you will affect your emotion. For example, if this person gave you a message, you might be feeling happy for whole day.
These effect do not only happen to human, it also happen to animals. Such as dogs which is the most familiar animal. When you are training your dog, you need to express your feeling to tell him/her what is wrong and right. In this case, you need to exaggerate your languages, which are tone and behavior. These languages will tell your dog how do you feel about his behavior, and dogs will express their feelings by some movements, such as waving their tails.
Most of times, we intentionally use other factors to change one’s emotion for our own desire, but some times changing emotion also can cure somebody. Psychotherapist uses different languages to treat patient. They mainly use words to cure patients, sometimes or some of them use hypnotism to cure patients.
In the book or opera, the most common way to show a character’s emotion is by words. When you are reading book, you can’t see the facial expression or tone, you only can understand how they feel by words were printed on the book. In opera, if you sit far away from the stage, you can’t directly see actors’ faces, which means you cannot see their facial expression, you only can hear their voices and lines.
In arts, artist use pictures to illustrate their feelings, their emotions. Different artist use different ways, such as changing the tone of the picture, the view they find, or the theme of the picture. Sometimes, it is hard to understand what are these artist drawing or taking though.
Different kinds of people use different ways to express their emotions. At the same time, we are trying to use these ways to let other people to know how do we feel. To let people understand our emotions.

0 comments »